Fire is the most common issue in commercial, industrial, and residential property. When it comes to protecting against fire it is important to ensure that you choose the best measure. In this topic, we are going to highlight the benefits of using the fire-rated shutters for your places.
What are fire-rated shutters?
The fire-rated shutters or doors are manufactured using fire-resistant material like glass, timber, metal, or steel. The door can withstand against fire for a few hours and give the emergency service to escape from the place without any issue.
Moreover, the roller shutters are best in protecting the place against the extreme temperature. Also, the material being used is best against corrosion and extremely durable in an extreme environment.
Fire shutter ratings
Fire resistance rolling shutters use different components in the wall like insulation, heating product, or siding, etc. The tests and rating system helps in managing the fire safety issues in the best way. The shutter material is very durable and they help in maintaining the structural integrity within the specific area. This means they help in giving enough time to evacuate from the premises before the fire spread into the premises.
Fire shutter rating is from A to C, class A helps in giving the highest degree of fire resistance and C gives the lowest level of fire safety. The time can be 20 minutes, 1 hour, 2 hours, etc.
Benefits of using Fire-rated shutters
The fire shutters can be installed on entry and exit point which means the entire place will be protected against the fire. Top benefits of using fire shutters:
- Fire-rated door help in giving a safe and quick escape from the place in case of a fire emergency.
- It also helps in minimizing the damage which is done to the property.
- The place will be protected against the spread of fire, smoke, and other toxic gases.
- Fire doors are tough and robust. This means the shutters will protect the home. Along with that, the shutters will protect the place against burglary and threats.
Installation of the fire shutters
With the fire shutters, your place will get maximum protection. They will be installed on the premises and offer maximum protection.
- Provide access to corridors which include Entrances and exits.
- Doorways that divide the 2 separate buildings.
- Exits that get opened to staircase and elevator shafts.
- In factories the areas between hazardous and non-hazardous areas.
Selecting the fire-rated shutter
The shutters are going to offer benefits to industrial and commercial space. When you get them installed and maintain them the shutters will last for a long time. You must choose something which fulfills the requirements of your building. Hire the professionals as they will help you choose the right shutter which works in the best manner.