You want to install a roller shutter but confused which roller shutter is good for you either an electric or manual? Then you are at the right place to read this article for better understanding. Buying a roller shutter for your space depends upon the needs and wants of yours. If you find any problem in the working of your roller shutter then call our experts for shutter repairs because you won’t be able to identify the problem on your own.
What are electric roller shutters?
Electric roller shutters are those which are operated by the push of button having a small motor to open and close the shutter. It is operated by the two methods either with the help of the remote or panel mounted on the wall inside your home. To open and close the roller shutter with the motor is either attached with your electricity or modern solar panels. If you are having a back issue then installation of electric roller shutters are a great choice. A coin has two sides and so an electric roller shutter is having pros as well as cons.
Pros of having electric roller shutter are:
- Easy to operate.
- Electric roller shutters can be attached to solar panels to save the electricity of your space.
- It is durable.
Cons of having an electric roller shutter are:
- Electric roller shutters are more costly than the manual one.
- It will be affected by a blackout or power outage.
- What are manual roller shutters?
Manual roller shutters need to open and close by hands without having any button or remote. Manual roller shutters are very popular among people having shops in the market. It will install in a window or garage doors having winder inside of the window which helps you to operate the winder easily sitting inside the room. You don’t have to go outside.
Pros of having manual roller shutter?
- It is cheaper as compared to electric roller shutters.
- It is durable and protects your place.
- It is up to you when to open or close the roller shutter.
- No electricity or solar panel is needed in operating a manual roller shutter.
- The mini workout will be there for the person while opening and closing the roller shutter
Cons of having a manual roller shutter are:
- Old people might face problems in operating the roller shutter.
- With the help of winder inside each window, you can open or close the roller shutter one at a time.